National Lotteries Authority given the mandate to take care of the facility
The National Lotteries Authority was given the mandate to take care of the facility. This will comprise of several stages of repairs and upgrading. Thus far this is a list of what has already taken place:
- There was the erection of a 12 ft wall leading to the college and opposite the tennis courts.
- A large drain was constructed to facilitate the incoming water from college which used to flood the tennis facilities, as a result, this new drain will take said water and take it to the nearby river.
- The Club house was treated for the infestation of terminates.
- An additional room was built to the back of the building for the in-house work man.
- The courts are being upgraded in time for the upcoming SVGTA SVGCup slated for Oct. 29th – 3rd Nov.
- Dipcon is engaged in upgrading the college courts to expand the number of courts available for tennis. These upgraded courts will be multipurpose.
- There is extensive repairs of the electrical and plumbing systems at the centre.
- An additional backwall on the eastern side close to the river will be built to mitigate flooding on that side of the property.
These repairs will be done in phases over a period of time.